|ETHICS AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CHARTER
SOGREAH MAGELIS provides international environmental engineering consultancy services and recognises its responsibility as actor and guarantor of sustainable development issues in society and the environment.
Respectful of the ever increasing requirement of the economic and bio-physical environment, SOGREAH MAGELIS also demonstrates its goals through a responsible and voluntary policy, which seeks excellence and to maintain the high standards required by the consultant-engineer’s profession.
The management of SOGREAH MAGELIS has an obligation to control and oversee continued economic, social and environmental equilibrium. All men and women employed by SOGREAH MAGELIS should respect these fundamental values and project this vision.
This charter comprises the fundamentals for the implementation of our vision.
• Article 1: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to acknowledging its responsibility in society and recognises that the sustainable development principals defined by institutions are compatible with its activities.
• Article 2: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to complying with legal frameworks at local, national and international levels, and to apply a voluntary approach to the protection of these frameworks.
• Article 3: SOGREAH MAGELIS, through its voluntary policy, is committed to the continuous reduction of negative environmental impacts incurred as a result of its activities, and is implicated in the continuous reviewing of technology developments that enforce its technological excellence and competitive position.
• Article 4: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to respecting international trading rules, with the aim of not deviating from the principals of free trade, avoiding conflicting interests and preventing corruption. The principals of integrity and impartiality are the key values in commercial agreements.
• Article 5: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to respecting its clients and contractors in the context of correct and fair trade, and to extend this spirit to its sub-contractors in the context of international activities.
• Article 6: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to communicate all actions to all stakeholders implicated in its activities. Information that is transparent, clear and precise will allow stakeholders to judge the quality and performance of the company.
• Article 7: SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to the performance of assignments with employees trained and competent for the services and working within an environment where health and safety is a priority. It is therefore in seeking excellence that SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to maximising the respect of its workforce through a social policy adapted to the consultant-engineer’s profession.
• Article 8: Holder of strong ethical values, SOGREAH MAGELIS is committed to the respect of its personnel and to combat all forms of discrimination within its organisation in the context of local, national and international activities. SOGREAH MAGELIS provides a health work environment, free of all forms of discrimination and harassment, and where equality is paramount.
• Article 9: Participant in sustainable development, SOGREAH MAGELIS acknowledges its intellectual and technological resources and understands the implications of its investment in civic actions. In this way, SOGREAH MAGELIS develops partnerships associated with its activities through its projects and through professional associations.